Location: 5/F Members Stand I, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Happy Valley Racecourse
Date: Friday 9 January 2015
Time: 0900 - 1700
Theme: Towards a Sustainable Model for Adaptive Re-use of Heritage Buildings
CPD Hour: 7 Hours
Early-Bird Rate (Before Monday 3 November 2014)*
RICS member/Sponsor HKD950
Student (afternoon session only) HKD200 (lunch excluded)
About the Conference
Heritage conservation in Hong Kong is a challenge which generates strong views in the community and presents a range of
challenging issues. This conference aims to review the progress Hong Kong has made preserving heritage buildings with case
studies, discussion of key success factors and critical issues to be resolved by various stakeholders.
The conference will also showcase overseas case studies, and provide a platform for regulators, businesses, operators, end
users and professionals to discuss the challenges, brainstorm potential solutions and agree on a series of recommendations
to the government.
Highlights of the Conference
- Case studies on key local heritage projects including Savannah College of Art and Design Hong Kong, Tai O Heritage
- Insight into overseas heritage revitalisation projects, including Sydney Living Museums from Australia and The Blue
Mansion from Malaysia.
- Optional site visits to local heritage project on the day after:
Route 1 – PMQ & Central Police Station
Route 2 – Tai O Heritage Hotel
Route 3 – Savannah College of Art and Design Hong Kong & Mei Ho House
- Breakout sessions to address key industry questions:
1. Design: How can innovative design enhance the adaptive reuse of heritage buildings?
2. Fiance: Can commercial operation be integrated into the heritage conservation for financial sustainability?
3. Policy: What are the changes required?
4. Solution: What are some new and practical solutions for addressing key architectural and regulatory challenges?
Guest of Honour
Mr Chan Mo Po, Paul, MH, JP
Secretary for Development, HKSAR Government
Keynote Speakers and Moderators
Ms Margaret Brooke – CEO, Professional Property Services Group
Ms Cheung Yuk Ching, Karen – Chief Building Surveyor, Buildings Department, HKSAR Government
Prof Bob Dickensheets – Vice President, Savannah College of Art & Design Hong Kong
Prof Ho Puay Peng – Director, MSc in Architectural Conservation and Design Programme, CUHK
Mr Ian Innes – Assistant Director, Heritage, Sydney Living Museums
Dr Lee Ho Yin – Director, Architectural Conservation Programmes (ACP), HKU
Mr Leung Koon Kee, JP – Director of Architectural Services, Architectural Services Department, HKSAR Government
Mr Laurence Loh – Executive Director, Arkitek LLA Sdn. Bhd.
Prof Chris Webster – Dean, Faculty of Architecture, HKU
Mr Randy Yu – General Manager, HK Heritage Conservation Foundation
Registration and more, visit:
Conference Secretariat: Ms Joelle Cheung / Mr Miles Wilson
Tel: 3159 2900 Fax: 2372 0490