Hong Kong Policy Research Institute- Researcher/Research Assistant (Surveying or Town Planning)

Hong Kong Policy Research Institute


The Hong Kong Policy Research Institute (“The Institute”) was set up in 1995, in response to the historical changes anticipated to be brought about by the return of Hong Kong’s sovereignty to China in 1997. Its members came from the academic, professional, business, education, cultural, and NGO sectors.


Since January 2016, the Institute has been undertaking a series of research studies entitled Hong Kong Vision Project, focusing on the major challenges facing the HKSAR and how to address them. Sixteen research reports have been published up to now and they are well-received in the community. The Institute will continue the work in the coming years.


Researcher/Research Assistant (Surveying or Town Planning)



  • Conduct research, on a part-time and project basis, in the areas of land use & development, housing supply, and infrastructure development of Hong Kong
  • To be supervised by our Honorary Senior Research Fellow in conducting the research.
  • Work with and provide support to experts and leaders from various sectors in carrying out the research
  • Compile research literature, edit and write information papers and reports for publication



  • University graduate with a Master and/or Bachelor degree in surveying or town planning.
  • Around two years of research experience in relevant areas and/or working experience, preferably at the policy level and in the HKSAR Government
  • High standard of written and spoken Chinese and English
  • A passion to work for the benefits of the Hong Kong society
  • Good skills in communication, writing, analysis, organization, and team work
  • Self-motivated and capable of delivering quality work within tight schedule


We offer competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to other benefits.

Applicants should send full resume with current and expected salary, by email to hr@hkpri.org.hk , or by post, to the Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Policy Research Institute, 26/F, Bonham Circus, 40-44 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. The envelop should state “Application – Researcher/Research Assistant (Surveying or Town Planning)”. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.