Manager, Planning and Design - URA
Manager, Planning and Design (Ref.:M(P&D))
The Urban Renewal Authority (“URA”) is tasked to undertake urban renewal in accordance with the provisions of the Urban Renewal Authority Ordinance and the Urban Renewal Strategy published by the Government. The URA adopts a holistic approach to urban renewal with redevelopment and rehabilitation as its core businesses.
• To assist in undertaking strategic and implementation planning and concept design works for assigned redevelopment, revitalization and / or preservation projects and for assigned action areas
• To assist in the preparation of Preliminary Project Feasibility Study, monitoring of consultants’ performance, and progress of assigned projects through various stage of planning, acquisition and construction, or planning and implementation
• To assist in steering and management of consultant services relating to planning studies and projects
• Degree holder in Planning or related / relevant discipline
• Recognised planning qualifications e.g. HKIP, RTPI, CIP, PIA or RPP
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ post-degree work experience
• Hands on experience to leverage on geospatial analysis and GIS-aid application for urban planning / urban design
• Good communication and presentation skills and hands-on experience in urban planning / design in Hong Kong
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese, knowledge in Putonghua is an advantage
For more information on the work of the URA, please visit the website at http://www.ura.org.hk.
How to Apply?
Full resume with present and expected salaries should be submitted (i) via online application, (ii) by post with “Confidential” marked on the envelope to Director, Human Resources, Urban Renewal Authority, 26/F COSCO Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong or (iii) by e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org” (quoting the relevant reference details).
Closing date for application:
Closing date for application: 27 December 2018. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and information provided will be used for the consideration of applications. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used strictly in accordance with our “Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Recruitment” for recruitment purpose only. A copy of the Statement is available on our website and obtainable on request. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions in the Authority and all personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.