Urban Renewal Authority - Senior Manager, Planning and Design (Ref.:SM(P&D))
Senior Manager, Planning and Design (Ref.:SM(P&D))
The Urban Renewal Authority (“URA”) is tasked to undertake urban renewal in accordance with the provisions of the Urban Renewal Authority Ordinance and the Urban Renewal Strategy published by the Government. The URA adopts a holistic approach to urban renewal with redevelopment and rehabilitation as its core businesses.
• To oversee steering and management of consultant services relating to strategic study and preliminary project feasibility studies
• To assist General Managers in undertaking planning studies for assigned potential areas and implementation of planning works for assigned projects and to support revitalisation and preservation projects in planning aspect when necessary
• To oversee the preparation of various planning submissions of assigned projects, liaison with Government Departments in achieving project objectives / delivery of projects, monitoring of consultants’ performance and progress of assigned projects through various stages of planning, design and implementation
• To assist General Managers in the preparation / organisation of presentations, events and consultation activities, if necessary, to solicit public support for project implementation and achieve the Authority’s objectives
• To provide planning inputs, urban design and other technical expertise to facilitate the planning and implementation of assigned projects in the planning regime
• Degree holder in Town Planning, or related / relevant discipline
• Recognised planning qualification of the overseas/local planning institutions (HKIP, RTPI, CIP, PIA, or equivalent)
• Minimum 12 years’ related industry work experience of which at least 5 years in a supervisory/managerial role, experience in comprehensive commercial / residential development in Hong Kong preferred
• Good communication and presentation skills and hands-on experience in urban planning / design in Hong Kong
• Basic knowledge of GIS preferred
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese, knowledge in Putonghua an advantage
For more information on the work of the URA, please visit the website at http://www.ura.org.hk.
How to Apply?
Full resume with present and expected salaries should be submitted (i) via online application, (ii) by post to Senior Manager, Human Resources, Urban Renewal Authority, 26/F COSCO Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong or (iii) by e-mail to “email@example.com” (quoting the relevant reference details).
Closing date for application: 29 March 2018.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and information provided will be used for the consideration of applications. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used strictly in accordance with our “Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Recruitment” for recruitment purpose only. A copy of the Statement is available on our website and obtainable on request. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions in the Authority and all personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.