URA - Manager, Planning and Design
The Urban Renewal Authority (“URA”) is tasked to undertake urban renewal in accordance with the provisions of the Urban Renewal Authority Ordinance and the Urban Renewal Strategy published by the Government. The URA adopts a holistic approach to urban renewal with redevelopment and rehabilitation as its core businesses.
Manager, Planning and Design
- To assist in the development of Urban Renewal Information System (URIS) and the subsequent maintenance of the system
- To manage the performance and enhancement of existing Planning Information System to meet divisional and corporate needs
- To assist in preparing the draft Business Plan and Corporate Plan in data preparation and assessment
- To use URIS to assist in undertaking various strategic / district studies
- To assist in the preparation of various strategic/district studies, planning submissions, monitoring of consultants’ performance, and progress of assigned projects through various stage of planning, acquisition and construction, or planning and implementation
- Degree holder in Planning, Geographic Information System (GIS), or related/relevant discipline
- Recognized planning qualifications i.e. HKIP, RTPI, CIP, RAIP or RPP or land surveying qualifications i.e. HKIS or RICS
- Minimum 7 years’ post-qualification experience of which at least 2 years in a supervisory/managerial role
- Knowledge and experience in operation of GIS or equivalent
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese
For more information on the work of the URA, please visit the website at http://www.ura.org.hk.
Full resume with present and expected salaries should be submitted (i) via online application (please click this website address: https://careers.ura.org.hk/), (ii) by post with “Confidential” marked on the envelope to Senior Manager, Human Resources, Urban Renewal Authority, 26/F, COSCO Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong or (iii) by e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org” (quoting the relevant reference details).
Closing date for application: 23 July 2018. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and information provided will be used for the consideration of applications. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used strictly in accordance with our “Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Recruitment” for recruitment purpose only. A copy of the Statement is available on our website and obtainable on request. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions in the Authority and all personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.